Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Crazies

Ok, so this year it started during the week of Thanksgiving.  Now that they are in school, they have vacation days leading up to turkey day.  Since we planned to be out of town on Thanksgiving, and we knew that following weekend would go quickly, we agreed to start bringing out the Christmas decorations.  Well, that was the beginning of the end.  Even their teacher commented to me yesterday that they are wound up.  I know my kids aren't the only ones who act this way in December.  Christmastime is so magical, full of anticipation, expectation, excitement, surprises, and emotion.  About 2 years ago, I started looking back and realizing this happens every year.  Now I've come to expect it.  Sort of.  It still makes ME crazy.  They are constantly on the brink of emotion, act out at the smallest thing, are louder than usual, don't sleep as well, you name it.  I'm not so sure about "the most wonderful time of the year"....  Maybe it is my fault.  I love Christmas and always have.  I like to go all out and have activities that are Christmas related each weekend.  As a kid, we always had a ton of parties hosted by my parents or their friends to go to.  At most of those parties we were given gifts.  A whole month of giving and receiving, celebration and fun.  When we got married, that wasn't the experience of my husband's kids.  They were used to not doing much of anything until maybe the week of Christmas.  And I won't get into the uproar that happened the year I started decorating around November 6th (that didn't happen again).  Anyway, so like I said... maybe the Christmas crazies are all my fault.  But it is worth it, right???

No comments:

Post a Comment